VOICES Afterschool Program Update
In less than a month of our VOICES extended day programming, we’re excited about strong student attendance at our mainstay daily after school classes & exclusive workshop opportunities with our community partners, ZUZI Dance Theater & Ironwood Tree Experience.
Currently we are recruiting for participation in our final 3 weekly classes:
- STEM Action Crew (Mondays), lead by freshmen math/science teacher, Josh Banno, explores innovative and fun technology projects in collaboration with the 101 Teen Space at the Main Library & Xerocraft Hackerspace.
- Vex Robotics Team (Thursdays), lead by community partner BitBuckets Robotics, builds a competitive robotic system next door at CoLab Workspace (enrollment deadline is 9/30).
- Las Milpitas Farm Crew (Wednesdays), lead by Urban Sustainability teacher and Farm-To-School VISTA member, Leah Farbstein, cultivating our plots at the Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona’s Las Milpitas de Cottonwood farm.
FREE FAMILY NIGHT CHILDCARE AVAILABLE
There are plenty of engaging Family Nights coming this semester, Thursdays at 5:30pm, and we’re happy to announce we’ll be offering free childcare services during the following events:
- Oct. 1 – Junior College Road Trip info meeting.
- Oct. 8 – Freshmen StoryShare project performances.
- Nov. 5 – 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off prom fundraiser
- Nov. 12 – Drama preview performance of 12 Angry Jurors, Act I
- Nov. 19 – College Info Night for Juniors
- Dec. 3 – VOICES After School program showcase
- Dec. 10 – Art Show & Sale
If you’re interested in this service, please rsvp to VOICES program coordinator, Tom Moore.