Extended Day Learning: VOICES in the CITY!
City High School joined forces with our community partner VOICES to create a comprehensive full-day experience for City High School students throughout the school year. The Extended Day programming builds on the rich history of collaboration between City High School and VOICES (working together since 2003!) and our shared mission to engage Tucson’s youth in their communities.
Extended Day program highlights include:
- VOICES in the CITY! workshops for all students
- After-school Enrichment Activities, including 21st-century documentary arts programs focusing on media literacy, culinary arts, darkroom photography, gardening, video game design and more
- Homework help and tutoring after school three days per week school
- Morning & Afternoon Office Hours daily with City High School teachers
- Summer School for academic credit in English/Language Arts and Mathematics
- Summer Bridge Program for all incoming 9th grade students
- Afternoon snacks for all participants in after-school programs
- Monthly Family Nights for parents, students, and other family members
The Extended Day experience at City High School is funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Education’s 21st-Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) grant program. City High School received the competitive 21st CCLC grant in July 2010. This is a multi-year grant, providing approximately $500,000 over 5 years. Krista Niles is the Director of the VOICES in the CITY! program. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Don’t leave this page without watching this student-produced video below to learn more about VOICES in the CITY!