Voices Extended Day Program
In August 2015, City High School was awarded another 21st Century Community Learning Center grant to support our VOICES after (and before) school programming! Building on our successes from the first 21stCCLC grant in years 2010-2015, the 2015-16 extended day program includes:
- Weekly opportunities free for all students: Culinary Class, Las Milpitas Farm Crew, Yoga, Game Design, Music Workshop, STEM Action Crew, Basketball Team, Drama and more.
- Homework help and tutoring after school two days per week.
- Morning Office Hours daily with City High School teachers, and free before-school morning workout time at the YMCA daily.
- Student-driven clubs like Gay-Straight Alliance, Student Voice Committee, and Dance.
- Community Partner workshops throughout the year with Sonoran Glass School, Ironwood Tree Experience, Tucson Youth Poetry Slam, and ZUZI! Dance Theater.
- STEAM-based Summer School for credit in Humanities, Math, and Science in June 2016.
- Summer Bridge Program for all incoming 9th grade and transfer students in July 2016.
- Weekly Family Nights on Thursdays for parents and other family members that feature student showcases and performances (and appetizers served by the Culinary program!).
- Afternoon snacks for all participants in after-school programs.
- Read about the VOICES schedule for the current semester – Spring 2016.
The Extended Day experience at City High School is funded primarily by the U.S. Department of Education’s 21st-Century Community Learning Center grant program. City High School received the competitive, 5-year 21st CCLC grant in 2010 & 2015.
Don’t leave this page without watching this student-produced video below to learn more about the VOICES program!